Their free-spirited vibes are contagious and their personal mantra, inspiring (these two draw wisdom from Ziggy Stardust, but more on that below). Elizabeth and Vinny are driven by passion and adventure which, for them, translated into a picturesque barn wedding in Sonoma County. From her romantic low-back dress to his royal blue suit and floral-patterned tie—and let’s not overlook the bridesmaids’ denim jackets—they dared to say “I do” to all the bold, right choices. Read on to see how they did it!
If your love story were a movie, what would the title be and why?
From Here: Vinny and I found this amazing David Bowie quote we had printed on our welcome bags because we felt it perfectly summed up our relationship. It is, “I don’t know where I’m going from here but I promise it won’t be boring”. Having hit our 9 year anniversary just before our wedding day, our relationship had already seen three new states to call home, multiple new jobs, two puppies, adventures abroad and so much more. We don’t know what the future has in store for us but one thing we can guarantee is that it won’t be boring.
What part of the vision came first—your wedding theme or your wedding dress?
The wedding theme. Being an artist, I like to think big picture first and then fill in the details. The wedding dress was certainly one of the biggest details but still, it had to fit and make sense with the overall theme.
Why did you decide to get a custom gown and how did Anomalie come into the picture?
As a performer, I have worn hundreds of beautiful costumes throughout my career. This factor not only makes me super knowledgeable about fabrics, cuts, and overall flattering looks for my body but it also makes me super picky. When I wasn’t finding the exact dress I wanted and certainly not within a price point I was comfortable with, a coworker of Vinny’s suggested that I look into Anomalie. Once we started on the custom train, we couldn’t get off and Vinny followed suit with a custom suit from Suitsupply, along with show-stopping shirts from I DEUX for himself, the groomsmen and our dads.
What was the most valuable tool when it came to bringing your idea to life?
Coming into the process I had a very clear idea of what I wanted for my dress. It was during the production phase when I received pictures from the factory, however, that I was really able to see the vision come to life and make the necessary tweaks to make it perfect!
What did you love the most about your dress?
There are SO many things. I loved the simple elegance, the classic timelessness, the wow factor of the cathedral length, textured overskirt and, of course, the second look when the skirt came off!
Pro-Stylist Tip: You get the best of both worlds with a gorgeous overskirt that you can easily take off for the reception. Talk to a Stylist today and design a dress you’ll feel beautiful and comfortable in!
- Photographer: Lindsey Smith @eatprayphoto
- Wedding Planner: Echo Wright @adreamweddingplanner
- Reception Venue: The Barn at Tyge William Cellars at Cornerstone @tygewine @cornerstonesonoma
- Ceremony Venue: St Francis Solano Sonoma
- Catering: Ramekins @ramekinssonoma
- Room block/Getting Ready Location: Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn @fairmontsonoma
- Hair & Makeup: The Powder Room @santarosepowderroom
- Cake: Krumbs Cakes @krumbscakes
- Flowers: Vanda Floral Design @vandafloraldesign
- Lighting: Impact Lighting @impact.lav
- Transportation: Napa Valley Tours @napavalley_tours
- Rentals: Encore Events Rentals @encoreeventsrentals
- DJ: Faysal Matin @faysalmatin
- Videographer: Gabriel Stanley @iloveyouasaperson
- Welcome Bags Printed by Traxer Printing @traxlerprinting
- Neon Signs: Etsy @etsy
- Photo Booth: Photo Booth Glam @photoboothglam
- Late Night Snacks: In-N-Out Burger @innout
- Liz’s Dress: Anomalie (duh!)
- Liz’s Engagement Ring & Wedding Band: Diamond Cellar @diamondcellar
- Liz’s Ceremony Shoes: Cork Christian Louboutin via The Real Real @therealreal
- Liz’s Reception Shoes: Blue LaDuca Boots @laducashoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Shona Joy @shonajoy_
- Vince/Groomsmen Suits: Suitsupply @suitsupply
- Vince & Groomsmen Custom Shirts: I DEUX @ideuxclothing
- Vince’s Wedding Band: Nettles Fine Jewelry @nettlesfinejewelry
- Vince’s Shoes: Cork Donald Pliner’s @donaldjpliner
Looking for more custom gown #inspo? We’ve got your back:
- A High-Low Hemline on This Anomalie Gown is Tailored for Dancing the Night Away
- The Top 5 Spring 2019 Bridal Trends
- Do the Bustle! Tips for Adding a Bustle to Your Wedding Dress