Of all the wedding-related decisions you have to make, the first dance song is one of the most crucial. Of course, we had to lend a hand—we did one of our infamous Insta polls and got tons of recommendations from our Anomalie brides! From classic love songs to quirky, unexpected tunes, you’ll have a lot to ponder on with today’s list. The good news? This is a two-person job. So while you can bear the oh-so-pretty burden of color schemes and centerpieces all on your own, feel free to drag your spouse-to-be right by your side before you continue reading this post (glass of wine highly encouraged). Ready? Ok, now you can both fall in love all over again with this First Dance Songs playlist.
Read on for our top 30 first dance song picks!
For the Jazziest of Spirits
Whether you can’t resist the smoothness of the notes or you’re all about the timelessly romantic lyrics, these songs are sure to set the mood for an unforgettable dance *wink, wink*.
- What a Wonderful World / Louis Armstrong
- It Had to Be You / Frank Sinatra
- Unforgettable / Nat King Cole
- Everything / Michael Bublé
- The Way You Look Tonight / Tony Bennett
For the Pop-Dated Couple
From Adam Sandler’s quirky “The Wedding Singer” piece to Sam Smith’s sexy collaboration with Disclosure, there’s something for everyone in this list of pop hits.
- Latch / Disclosure + Sam Smith
- Thinking out Loud / Ed Sheeran
- XO / John Mayer
- Grow Old with You / Adam Sandler
- Is This Love / Corinne Bailey Rae
- Love Me Like You Do / Ellie Goulding
For Two Soulful Souls
Enjoy the feel of soul? Go classic with Etta or try a modern rendition with Florence + The Machine.
- At Last / Etta James
- Stand by Me / Florence + The Machine
- Coming Home / Leon Bridges
For Unconventional Indie-viduals
If you consider yourself a non-mainstreamer and you love surprising your friends with unexpected treats, then you’ll surely enjoy these alternative first dance song options.
- Flowers in Your Hair / The Lumineers
- Walking on a Dream / Empire of the Sun
- Strawberry / Paul Baribau
For the Rolling Bones
So you love rock… No doubt you’ll want to dance to a rock song with your beau! Look no further than this unfailing list of love-praising classics or go modern with Alabama Shakes.
- Harvest Moon / Neil Young
- Crazy Love / Van Morrison
- I Found You / Alabama Shakes
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love / Queen
For Two Retro Rascals
Consider yourself a retro soul? Please step right this way for some good old-timey tunes.
- Only You (And You Alone) / The Platters
- Can’t Help Falling in Love / Elvis Presley
- Wonderful Tonight / Eric Clapton
- Just the Two of us / Grover Washington, Jr. + Bill Withers
For the Mellow Fellows
Country, folk and their cousins are all gathered here to please your strum-seeking heart.
- From the Ground Up / Dan + Shay
- Tennessee Whiskey / Chris Stapleton
- I Get to Love You / Ruelle
- Hold You in My Arms / Ray LaMontagne
Other honorable mentions…
Need we spell this one out?… All I Want for Christmas Is You / Mariah Carey
Check out the full playlist on Spotify!
Pro-Stylist Tip: Get ahead of your dancing game by adding a bustle to your gown. Or try a two-in-one dress that you can effortlessly transition from the ceremony to the dance floor. Talk to a Stylist today and get designing!
—Featured image by Leafo Photo
Check out these posts for more wedding-planning #inspo:
- Saying I DEUX Is Easy as Pie: Custom-Made Options for Your Groom and Groomsmen
- 5 Comfy Bridal Shoe Ideas + GIVEAWAY
- Unique Wedding Party Presents to Show Gratitude to Your Crew!