A little bit daring and a little bit elegant, off-the-shoulder sleeves are a hot trend and for good reason, too. This style is not only super stunning, but also versatile for any type of bride–from modern to boho to traditional. Check out these ways to incorporate off-the-shoulder sleeves into your custom Anomalie wedding gown.
All the ways to wear off-the-shoulder sleeves
Off-the-shoulder wedding gowns are the epitome of elegance (fit for a queen). There are so many types of sleeves this striking style works with, including simple, structured straps and dramatic, floor-length sleeves. An Anomalie stylist can help bring your off-the-shoulder dress dreams to life!
Ruched straps – We can’t help but think of princesses when we see ruched straps on off-the-shoulder gowns!
Lace – Traditional or boho, lace straps are simply pretty on off-the-shoulder sleeves.
Sophisticated flounce – This modern style of off-the-shoulder sleeve is ideal for crepe or more structured fabrics, like silk, taffeta, or duchess satin.
Bell Sleeves – Arguably one of the most dramatic of the off-the-shoulder styles, bell sleeves will have guests gasping in amazement at this unique design.
Floor-length bell sleeves – This style of sleeve is a sweeping, ethereal detail that accentuates an off-the-shoulder neckline.
A word to the wise
While this trend is absolutely gorgeous, you should keep this tip in mind: off-shoulder-sleeves can often restrict a bride’s range of motion, potentially making it difficult to get down (or your hans up!) on the dance floor. Anomalie stylists recommend trying on dresses with similar sleeves just to double check that a bride is okay with this limiting factor. There are, however, options to make movement easier if you’re set on the off-the-shoulder look:
- Narrow straps will be easier to hug family and dance with friends than longer sleeves.
- Adding spaghetti straps will help hold up the dress, allowing for looser off-the-shoulder sleeves.
- Detachable sleeves work with a narrower sleeve style and provide two different looks for the ceremony and reception.
Stylist Tip: If you’ve decided on off-the-shoulder sleeves, keep in mind that the dress must also have a higher back neckline to provide the necessary support for the gown. Schedule a call today with Anomalie to discuss your options for creating the perfect custom wedding dress!
Get more wedding gown inspiration on Unboxed:
- 5 Bridal Fashion Week Inspired Laces
- Become ‘SuperBride’ with a Stunning Bridal Cape
- Make Your Wedding Day Look Pop with a Champagne Gown
- Chiffon. Georgette. Tulle. Oh my! Become the Boho Bride you’ve always dreamed of.
- Why Tiered Skirts Are Not Just for Princesses